Monday 23 March 2009

Good Bye "For Father" and "In the Stars" (sniff)

I can't believe that these two sets didn't make it to the new catalogue. I will definitely be keeping them in my retired stamps draw because I love them. Here is a card I made the other day for my Brothers birthday. I first saw the technique faux woodgrain here http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stamping_thoughts/2008/09/faux-wood-grain.html. I did mine differently though because I scored my lines using my paper trimmer with the scoring blade attachment and I sponged my colours onto the more mustard cardstock instead of dragging the ink pad on the cardstock. What ever way you do it the result is very cool.
Colours used were Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Very Vanilla (retired), Black Stazon and Basic Black. I used my Aqua painter and water colour crayons on water colour paper for the tool box. The accessories are stampin sponges, earth element brads, the large star punch, snail adhesive and dimensionals.

2 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Fantastic effect Lisa - great job!

allgood said...

I love the card Lisa. Well done as usual.